Thursday, July 8, 2010

To Tahoe and beyond...

She said:

Sadly, you will mostly be hearing from me this trip. For those of you who don't already know, Travis is juggling his doctoral program on-line, teaching on-line and attempting a relaxing vacation. Needless to say, he is spending most of his computer time tackling papers and corresponding with students. I am very proud of how he is handling it all. We all know I would be a wreck. Luckily he is an early riser and gets most of it done before the sun is up. Amazing!

We went for a ride around Lake Tahoe before heading to Reno for the night.
We stopped at Emerald Bay to take a few photos:

Reno showed us a good time. They were having some sort of BBQ cook-off leaving the main street closed off to traffic- super for walking around town and drinking fresh lemonade. We ended up going to see the movie Grown-ups to get away from the blazing sun. It served it's purpose- a mixture of laughter and air conditioning.

Did you know the Truckee River goes directly through the heart of downtown Reno? It is swift and has several rapids- makes for amazing people watching. I stopped counting the flip flops and shorts that came floating by. You just can't look away from people being tossed off their tubes. We didn't have our camera or I would have more than a few pics to post.

After the movie we had a yummy dinner at Brew Brothers and tried our hand at the 1 cent slot machines. Travis won 8,240.......pennies. It took the machine over 30 minutes to count by ones and "ching" for each cent. I hate to be ungrateful, but that was a long wait. In hindsight it was not very kind of me to share my complaints with the lady (losing) next to me. I was missing Bachelorette. There, justified.

No comments:

Post a Comment