Thursday, July 9, 2009

Day 12

He Said:


OK, where were we...oh yes, Nashville. So, we hung out in the glam of Nashville for the evening, staying up late, drinking, and listening to some fantastic music. It was a great night. Tootsies is a fantastic place to soak up the night life that country music created long ago. I can't wait to go back.

After such a late night, we were forced to sleep in a bit. Ok, I guess we have yet to get going before ten, but it sounds better to have an excuse anyway. Once we hit the pavement (not literally moms), we busted out the three hundred or so miles to Memphis, TN and to the most beautiful place on earth, Graceland.


Once we arrived we were greeted with some of the craziest rain I have ever seen. We are talking rain that instantly soaked everything we had. We rushed to the lockers, only to find that the first one we tried wouldn't work. I was frustrated, hot, and dripping with the before mentioned downpour, and She was calm and cool. Eventually we found a couple of lockers that worked alright and we jammed our belongings into them and took off in search of Elvis memorabilia. After wandering around for a bit, we took the marvelous tour of Graceland itself. So interesting to see what luxury was back in the day.


The weather improved slightly and we left Elvis's house and took off for Little Rock, Arkansa


She Said:


Nashville was a terrific time. I highly recommend a trip to Tootsies if you find yourself in that area. Coupled with Jack's Bar-B-Q and you've got yourself a perfect evening.


On to Memphis...Yep, there was rain and a lot of it. We actually weren't going to take the tour, but since we had to wait out the downpour, we decided to. I can't believe the luxury that was the 70's. Graceland is like a timecapsule- a snapshot of a different time. I loved it!


Just one little incident threatened to overshadow the experience- a hair. Actually, two hairs. We decided to get a snack as we wandered through the gift shops. I couldn't wait to bite into my butter pecan two scoop cone, but being the cautious person I have become after my recent food experience, I decided to use a spoon. I scooped a chunk of ice cream and enjoyed every bit of it's smooth creaminess. The second hunk on the spoon unveiled something of concern- a short course black hair. I showed it to Travis, who suggested it might just be one of mine. What? Apparently he hasn't taken extreme notice to my hair color and texture. Anyway, I decide to spoon out the area around the hair and countinue on, except, this scoop revealed another hair. That was it. I had to abandon the delightful treat. I felt sorry for myslef, thinking why does this always happen to me? Then I realized...it couldn't be just me. I just happen to be attentive to such details. I looked around and contemplated the idea of ripping the ice cream out of the hands of all the satisfied consumers. I wanted to save them all from the horror of pulling the hair from their throat or between their teeth. Instead I just watched them enjoy their ice cream and let them go on with their day. They will probably cough a hairball later. I feel just a little guilty.

No comments:

Post a Comment